Although difficult in many ways, I think that 2015 will be looked back upon as our best year ever.
Sales were up by 6½ %, and we served more customers than at any other time in our history.
We opened new stores at Grouville in Jersey and St Sampsons in Guernsey -and Colomberie only last week.
We successfully delivered the biggest change programme in our history by moving our entire food supply chain.
We totally remodelled our Grand Marché at St Peters, we completed negotiations with Premier Inn at Charing Cross, we agreed a way forward on Leale’s Yard and we sponsored the first ever Channel Islands Pride event, celebrating the diversity in our community. We helped over 300 local organisations, spent £11m with local suppliers. And loads more too. Loads.
These strategic initiatives were all designed to develop and protect long-term member value. But, at the end of the day, we bet on people, not strategies.
And great businesses are only made through great people.
Our Annual Awards were held last weekend. For me, this is the standout event in our corporate calendar. Recognising and rewarding the brilliant achievements of our colleagues.
Store of the year went to the team at Locale Grouville who have had an incredible year on so many fronts.
Store of the Year 2015 – Locale Grouville
Our community store of the year was Locale Georgetown, for their amazing work supporting community initiatives in their local area
Community Store of the Year 2015 – Locale Georgetown
Jasmin Dorey, from Lowlands Homemaker deservedly picked up our overall Ambassador of the Year Award.
Society Ambassador of the Year 2015 – Jasmine Dorey
Here are the winners of the main awards from the evening:
- Store of the Year: Locale Grouville
- Best Mystery Shopper Results - Grand Marché St Martin
- Customer Service, Individual Effort: Susana Guilherme
- Customer Service, Team Effort: Locale Grouville
- Internal Customer Service, Individual Effort: John Gavey
- Internal Customer Service, Team Effort: Brian Prigent and Michael Havens
- Supporting the Community, Individual Effort: Kenny McDonald
- Supporting the Community, Team Effort: Locale Grouville
- Unsung Hero Award: Jasmine Dorey
- Ambassador of the Year: Jasmine Dorey
I’d like to congratulate everyone on their well-earned awards, and all of the Society for what we achieved last year. Here’s to an even better 2016!